Healthy at Church – Updated Guidelines
- Updated Guidelines summarized
- Thank you to Morganne Brackney and Task Force.
The Healthy at Church Task Force would like to thank our ministers, Church staff, Church members, and guests for their cooperation and vigilance during the COVID-19 pandemic. We are pleased to report that we are not aware of any incidences of COVID-19 being contracted at South Elkhorn worship services or events. This is certainly reflective of the dedication and hard work of everyone. We are thrilled to resume in-person worship and are encouraged that the current COVID-19 situation in Lexington is continuing to improve.
At the June 15, 2021 Cabinet Meeting, the Healthy at Church Task Force recommended, and the Cabinet adopted, new Healthy at Church Guidelines.
As vaccination has continued, and as case counts continue to decrease, the current Guidelines have ended the vast majority of prior restrictions on meeting/gathering. The following Guidelines remain in place at this time:
- Anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 or is subject to a quarantine order may not come on to church property until released by a medical professional;
- Attendees are strongly encouraged to do a personal health assessment, and should not come to events if they have a fever or are suffering from COVID-19 symptoms;
- Staff/volunteers working with children or other groups currently ineligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine should continue to wear masks;
- Large events (more than 50 attendees) should request permission from the Executive Team of the Cabinet to host the event at least twenty-one (21) days in advance of the event; and
- The Worship Team is directed to continue providing online access to worship services for those that do not yet feel comfortable attending worship in person.
Finally, on a personal note and as Cabinet Moderator, I want to share a big thank you to Morganne Brackney and the entire Task Force (listed below). Morganne has provided wonderful leadership for the team in 2021. I am grateful to work with such dedicated, prayerful, and thoughtful leaders at South Elkhorn.
HEALTHY AT CHURCH TASK FORCE
Morganne Brackney – Medical professional
Jacob Walbourn – Moderator, Elder, Legal professional
Aden Randles – Elder, Personnel Team Chair
Diana McKenzie – Elder, University professional
Phyl Wigglesworth – Elder, Worship Team member
Michael Swartzentruber – Senior Minister
Holly Fuqua – Associate Minister