Wedding Service Policy
Approved January 29, 2011
- Scheduling of weddings in either the Historic Sanctuary or Christian Ministry Center (CMC) shall be only after conferring with the wedding team and determining if the facilities and pastors are available.
- One of the pastors of the church will conduct the wedding services unless arrangements are made with the pastors for another ordained minister to officiate or assist.
- See section on “Financial Arrangements.’’
- If piano music is desired (available in both sanctuaries), the regular church pianist may be considered to play for any wedding, depending on availability. The pianist is to be consulted about selections to be used for the wedding. The fee should be paid directly to the pianist. The church does not employ an organist. If organ music is desired (available only in the Historic Sanctuary), the bride/groom will be responsible to secure an organist on their own. The piano and organ are not allowed to be moved from their space. Microphones may be provided for the ceremony and/or reception.
- If the Historic Sanctuary is to be used, the communion table is to be kept in the chancel of the sanctuary. The cross is to be kept in view on the communion table in the Historic Sanctuary.
- The Historic Sanctuary will seat 175. The two sanctuary aisles are approximately 48 feet from doorway to chancel steps. There is no center aisle.
- The time needed for decorating, set-up of the sanctuary and/or the CMC, and photography must be scheduled with the church Wedding Coordinator.
- SECC provides two rooms that can be used as dressing rooms. Should an additional room or rooms be needed, they will need to be scheduled. Children are not permitted to play in church school rooms.
- The rehearsal date shall be scheduled at the time the wedding is established with the exact time being determined nearer to the date of the wedding. Approximately one hour should be reserved for the rehearsal with the pastor and with all attendants present. It is recommended to have a coordinator present at both the rehearsal and wedding to assist as needed.
- Photography of the service is permitted upon consultation with the pastor to determine camera positioning and usage that will not distract from the service.
- No decorations may be used that will deface the church building or furnishings. Only painters tape may be used to put things on walls. Use of glitter is not permitted. Florists, decorators, or a member of the family shall remove all supplies and decorations from the facilities immediately after the wedding and/or reception. Trash must be removed to the dumpster and all rooms restored to their original condition. Decorations left behind will be disposed of by SECC personnel.
- A pair of wrought-iron, floor length candelabra holding seven candles each is available. Use only metal “chamber” candles. (Available for rental from Bryant’s Rent All.) Additional candle use must be approved.
- Throwing of rice and bird seed is prohibited. Blowing of soap bubbles inside the building is prohibited.
- A reception may be held in the CMC multi-purpose room or in McMahan Hall. Tables and chairs are to be put back in their proper places. Tables will seat 8-10 people. SECC does not provide table linens.
- Alcoholic beverages may not be served in the church nor added to the punch. Smoking is not allowed in the church.
- If a kitchen is used, the bride/groom must bring in plates, cups, glasses, flatware and napkins as these are not provided. Food should arrive prepared; re-heating is allowed on site. The kitchen must be cleaned and trash removed.
- Wedding coordinators basic services include:
- opening and closing the church (for rehearsal and wedding);
- receiving deliveries;
- attending during all wedding activities;
- signing the Facility Use Check list prior to closing the church.
- Wedding coordinators expanded services are negotiable.
Marriage Ministry Policy
South Elkhorn Christian church has adopted the following guidelines for our ministry to couples preparing for marriage.
One of the pastors will meet with each couple to extend the hospitality of our congregation and to assess the needs and desires of the couple wishing to be married. The pastor will have the flexibility in planning the best ministry to the couple and will make available to the couple the following resources:
- In most cases, the pastor will be available for several sessions of premarital counseling. If the pastor is not available, the couple may be referred to other counselors or mentors.
- A pre-marital inventory called the “PREPARE Inventory and Mentoring Program” is available to the couple. This on-line inventory covers such topics as communication, conflict resolution, financial management, children, parenting, and more. The results of the inventory will be given to mentors who will then have several sessions with the couple to discuss items in the inventory. Several couples within SECC are trained to use the “PREPARE Inventory” and couples are strongly encouraged to take advantage of the resource. There is a one-time processing fee for the inventory.
- The pastor will meet with the couple as many times as necessary to adequately plan the details of the wedding ceremony.
The marriage license shall be in the hands of the pastor prior to the wedding to complete information required and to obtain signatures of two witnesses. It is suggested that it be given to the pastor no later than the rehearsal. One part is returned to the couple and the other part returned to the County Court Clerk by the pastor.
A $1,200.00 fee for basic wedding services is as follows:
- Sanctuary rental
- Wedding coordinator (Basic services ~ see #17 of policy)
- Set-up/takedown/cleaning (includes Sanctuary, 2 restrooms, 2 class rooms. Additional rooms are negotiable.)
Available services at an additional cost include:
- $100.00 ~ Use of piano or organ
- ~ Pianist fee negotiable
- ~ Organist not available through SECC
- $150.00 ~ Sound system operator ~ if used, SECC personnel is required
Fees for a reception are additional:
- $800.00 ~ Use of CMC including kitchen privileges
- $500.00 ~ Use of McMahan Hall including kitchen privileges
A security deposit fee for the Wedding is required:
- A security deposit of $400.00 is due the day of the booking. The money will be returned when the facilities are cleaned and restored to the original condition.
- If the event is cancelled within a 48-hour notification of the wedding date, all but the security deposit will be refunded.
- Total fees will be paid two weeks prior to the wedding.
- Allow three weeks for refund checks to be mailed.
I have read and understand the above stated guidelines.
______________________________________________________ Renter Date
______________________________________________________ SECC Representative Date